Do online casinos cheat? This is a question that is at the back of every player’s mind, at least in the beginning. There have been some bad actors in the past that have hurt the industry’s reputation but on the whole, we believe most online casinos do not cheat. Here is why.
Do online casinos cheat?
If you play at an online casino that holds some decent licenses then it is highly unlikely that they cheat for the following reasons:
- They don’t need to. As long as they have a regular flow of players, the money is going to flow. Remember, the house always wins.
- The penalty for cheating is very harsh. No successful casino is going to risk its licenses and reputation for a little bit of extra money.
- The oversight (both internal and external) at online casinos is very strict.
- Online casinos have to share their payout percentages on a regular basis. This ensures that the ‘house edge’ remains within a reasonable limit.
- Online casino games are digital but they have a random result generator that is not accessible to the casino or even the developer of the game.
Online casinos have been around for a very long time. Have casinos cheated in the past? Yes, they have. All of those have taught us lessons that help improve the security and safety for players. Do online casinos cheat now? Not the reputable ones for sure.
For all of the reasons that we mentioned above and more. Keep in mind that a lot of these online casinos are owned by companies that are publicly listed on stock markets. Any hint of controversy or a scam will send their share prices crashing and that will affect the net-worth of thousands of investors.
We are in a golden age of online casinos where bonuses, promotions, and freebies are handed out to entice customers. Cheating is not a part of the game anymore.